DAT/EM Systems International Releases Software Version 7.3
DAT/EM Systems International® announces the release of the 7.3 edition of DAT/EM software products. The updates include the flagship programs Summit Evolution™ 3D photogrammetric workstation and LandScape™ 3D point cloud viewing and editing software. Also updated is Capture™, which links Summit Evolution and LandScape to third party programs ArcGIS® and ArcGIS Pro, AutoCAD®, Global Mapper® and MicroStation®. The advances in the 7.3 DAT/EM Photogrammetric Suite represent the latest evolution in technology and are based on customer input and growth within the geospatial industry.
"We are very excited about the 7.3 release and are already receiving a great response from our users," said Robert Bredlie, Senior Photogrammetric Software Engineer. "By focusing on user feedback we continue to provide our customers the tools they need to efficiently complete their work.”
DAT/EM Photogrammetric Suite Version 7.3 highlights:
Summit Evolution Increases Functionality
With 7.3, DAT/EM developers provide the user with faster technology and more powerful tools. New and current users can expect support for more input devices, upgrades to several popular tools and smoother transitions while panning and zooming.
- Improved third party project importing from Agisoft® and SimActive®.
- Summit Evolution supports the xBox® One controller.
- Summit Evolution offers a new option in Move to Ground which shows all models that contains a selected control point. These models may be opened in multiple viewports.
Exciting New Tools in LandScape Point Cloud Editor
Much of the focus in this release went towards improving the tools in LandScape, DAT/EM's point cloud viewing and editing software. New interactive point editing tools promote smoother functionality and provide the user with even greater control over their data.
- LandScape has two new settings that are available when Only Load Points Inside View is on. Automatically Load on Move prompts LandScape to load points as the mouse pans. When Always Load 100% is on, LandScape will always load all the points in an area.
- LandScape has several new and improved interactive point editing tools. Tiling promotes smoother functionality. Streaming creates the selection polygon used in most Interactive Point Editing tools. Brush Z smooths small areas where the points are high or low. Add Point measures and inserts individual points to be added to the project.
The DAT/EM Photogrammetric Suite integrates with many complementary software products and continues to add more while improving existing interconnectivity. Visit www.datem.com/integrations for a current list of included software.
- DAT/EM Capture for Global Mapper includes a new Point Streaming tool for free-form drawing similar to Global Mapper Trace Mode drawing, but with 3D Summit-based digitizing and configurable settings.
- DAT/EM Capture tool offers continued compatibility with Esri ArcGIS and ArcGIS Pro (Beta), AutoDesk™ AutoCAD, Blue Marble® Global Mapper and Bentley™ MicroStation.
How to Learn More
Schedule an in-person demo of Version 7.3 at the upcoming Intergeo Conference in Hamburg, Germany by visiting www.datem.com/intergeo-2016.
Or, view the video What's New in the DAT/EM Photogrammetric Suite Version 7.3