Version 6.7 Release Notes - December 2012
The following changes have been made to DAT/EM products between Release 6.6 and Release 6.7. Please review these revisions made to the software and update your software to implement changes.
Version 6.7 Release Notes
Capture for ArcGIS
Capture for AutoCAD
Capture for MicroStation
Download Complete PRODUCT Notes
Release 6.7 is supported on Windows XP Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate or Professional operating systems. Testing no longer occurs for Windows 2000 or Windows Vista. If you have a question, please contact Support.
Release 6.7 has interfaces to the following 32-bit and 64-bit CAD versions:
- AutoCAD: Autodesk 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013 products. DAT/EM software will install for multiple AutoCAD products of different year numbers on the same computer; however, it will not install for multiple same-year versions together. For example, it will not install for both 2012 and Map3D 2012. Please note that files may be copied manually to activate more same-year versions (contact DAT/EM Support for instructions).
BE ADVISED: Version 6.6 and higher no longer support AutoCAD 2000-2002 versions. If you use these old versions, please upgrade to AutoCAD 2004 or higher. AutoCAD version 2007 or higher is needed in order to use the new MapEditor.
- ArcGIS: ArcMap 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 (service pack 1), 9.3.1(service pack 2), 10.0 (service pack 4), and 10.1 (service pack 1).
Version 6.7 is the first version to support ArcGIS 10.1.
- MicroStation: MicroStation V8 and V8 2004 Edition, XM, V8i Select Series 1, 2, and 3 and Bentley Map Select Series 1, 2, and 3 are approved. Select Series 2 or 3 is recommended over Series 1.
Note for Select Series 1-to-2, 1-3, or 2-4 upgrades: If you upgrade to MicroStation or Bentley Map from Select Series 1 to Select Series 2 or 3, you must reinstall any DAT/EM software after installing the Series upgrade.
Please install Microsoft Updates and Service Packs for your operating system before applying lock reset programs. Network licensing should have the same Sentinel driver version on both the server and the local computers running the software.
The following has changed for DAT/EM software installation:
- If using a network lock, either the IP address or the computer name of the network lock server may be entered. Previously, only the IP address could be used.
- A new set of C redistribution files is provided. Please answer “Yes” to install them as setup starts.
Please note the slight change to our video driver installation/update recommendations:
- DO NOT install the driver on media packaged with a video card. It will be too old. (This is the same.)
- 1st: Get the latest driver for your video card and operating system from www.nVidia.com. (This is different!)
- 2nd: If the driver on www.nvidia.com does not work, go to www.datem.com to download the driver there if it is different from nVidia’s currently offered driver.
- If you need to change (update or back out) a video driver, please follow the instructions at www.datem.comSupport > Downloads > Manuals > Installation Instructions>“StereoLCDInstallationInstructions.pdf”. This shows how to replace drivers and verify that the new drivers have been installed properly.
- On existing workstations, check your video driver periodically. The easiest schedule is to check it before installing each DAT/EM software update, which happens about three times per year. If it is older than the one currently posted on www.nvidia.com, and especially if it is older than the one currently posted on www.datem.com, please update it.
Newly posted nVidia drivers have become more reliable with the type of stereo used by DAT/EM products. Further notes:
- DAT/EM posts drivers here: www.datem.com > Support > Drivers > Stereo-Viewing Systems.
- When checking your installed video driver version, remember that the actual version consists of the last five digits with the decimal point moved two spaces to the right. For example, 22.214.171.12442 is really version 276.42.
- To check the installed video driver version on Windows 7, right click anywhere on a blank area of the desktop. Select Screen Resolution > Advanced Settings > Adapter tab > Properties > Driver tab > Driver Version.
- To check the installed video driver version on Windows XP, right click anywhere on a blank area of the desktop. Select Properties > Settings tab > Advanced > Adapter tab > Properties > Driver tab > Driver Version.
- For video settings, see www.datem.comSupport > Downloads > Manuals > Installation Instructions. Most users will want either “PlanarInstallationInstructions.pdf” for Planar monitors or “StereoLCDInstallationInstructions.pdf” for LCD stereo monitors.
DAT/EM Keypad Advantage *New!*
DAT/EM Keypad Advantage is a new DAT/EM Keypad product. The user supplies a Bluetooth® USB dongle and any tablet device running Android® OS version 4.0 or higher. A tablet computer is the most practical size, but a smaller device such as an Android cellular telephone may be used. Download the application for free from the Google Play® Store. Download installation instructions from http://www.datem.com Installation Instructions.
Note that DAT/EM has tested Samsung brand tablets and telephones. Other brands should work, but have not been tested.
DAT/EM Keypad Controller
The following change has been made to the DAT/EM Keypad Controller software:
- 1.On some Windows XP workstations, the color table picker for the key’s background color in the Edit Key dialog would not display. The only way to select a different color was with the keyboard arrow keys. This has been fixed.