CONTOUR CREATOR automatically generates elevation contours and/or TIN lines. CONTOUR CREATOR is included with SUMMIT EVOLUTION Professional Edition and LANDSCAPE. It is also available for purchase as a stand-alone product.
Input for CONTOUR CREATOR includes point and vector data to define breaklines, soft breaklines, exclusion areas (such as buildings), and inclusion areas (such as outer clipping boundaries).
Contour Creator inputs and outputs from files on disk and/or directly into active AutoCAD, MicroStation, or ArcGIS (active ArcGIS is available only when DAT/EM Summit Evolution is installed with DAT/EM Capture for ArcGIS).
CONTOUR CREATOR - Feature Highlights
- Accepts input from many industry standard point file formats such as LIDAR files; text files; active AutoCAD or on-disk DWG or DXF files; active MicroStation or on-disk DGN files; active ArcGIS or on-disk shapefiles.
- Accepts multiple input formats at one time. For example, LIDAR files, DWG files, and active MicroStation levels at the same time.
- Allows the user to select specific layers or levels from active AutoCAD, MicroStation, or ArcGIS.
- Allows selection of layers/levels from reference files in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Automatic depression contour identification
- Choices of TIN-based or uniform grid-based calculations
- Smoothing choices
- Breakline densificaiton and other breakline processing options
- Integrates with DAT/EM SUMMIT EVOLUTION or LANDSCAPE or runs as a stand-alone product