Capture for ArcGIS
DAT/EM CAPTURE collects 3D image features directly from the DAT/EM Summit Evolution stereoplotter into ESRI® ArcGIS®. DAT/EM CAPTURE provides many 3D data collection and editing enhancements for ArcGIS.
Software features include real-time panning and zooming in a stereo view, 3D digitizing tools such as building squaring, and 3D editing tools such as 3D cut polygon. Snapping may be 3D or 2D. Useful tools include multiple field update and ASCII text coordinate file input/output. ArcGIS vectors are superimposed onto the stereo imagery in the Summit Evolution stereoplotter, allowing the user to digitize new objects on the ground and see whether previously existing objects are at the correct elevation.
Airfield3D is a special module is included with Summit Evolution Professional Edition and DAT/EM CAPTURE for ArcGIS. Airfield3D builds the surfaces for airfield obstruction analysis according to the specifications in the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Advisory Circular 150/5300-18B. The obstruction surface outlines are superimposed in the Summit Evolution stereo view, the 3D cursor may be locked to the surface, and a realtime display shows whether the cursor is above or below the surface. The surfaces for both vertically and non vertically guided runways may be generated. As obstructions are digitized, Airfield3D populates every field that can be determined automatically, plus fields that the user sets such as for natural or man-made object designations. Airfield3D can also populate or update fields for previously existing objects. It offers a tool to create obstruction area grids.
In addition to digitizing new features, DAT/EM CAPTURE offers the ability to upgrade 2D data to 3D and check coordinate accuracy of existing 3D data. This enables you to easily view, edit, and add to your existing ArcGIS shapefiles and geodatabase feature classes.
DAT/EM CAPTURE together with Summit Evolution Professional Edition can work together to create Summit Evolution projects from stereo raster datasets found in ArcGIS for Server. All other Summit Evolution project types may also be used.
DAT/EM CAPTURE runs under the Windows XP/Vista/7 operating system and interfaces with ArcGIS 9.3.1 and 10.0. Compatible versions of ArcGIS are ArcView®, ArcEditor®, and ArcInfo®. Digitizing and 3D editing take place in the ArcMap® module of ArcGIS.
All DAT/EM Systems products have a full year warranty with an option to obtain annual technical customer support.
Capture ArcGIS - Feature Highlights
- Real-time panning and zooming in 3D viewing environment
- 3D digitizing digitizing directly into ArcMap
- GIS data superimposed onto 3D stereo imagery
- Enhanced dialog box-driven user interface
- 3D digitizing and editing tools
- Toggles 2D and 3D snapping
- DTM loading, distribution and editing
- Load orientation control data
- Multiple fiield update tool
- Create Summit Evolution projects from stereo raster datasets found in ArcGIS for Server (requires Summit Evolution Professional Edition and ArcGIS 10+)
- Airfield3D for airfield obstruction analysis as specified in the U.S. FAA AC No. 150/5300-18B (requires Summit Evolution Professional Edition)
Supplied with Capture for ArcGIS
- Summit Evolution-to-ArcGIS stereoplotter interface driver and tools
- Installation and operation manual
- Automated installation interface
- One year software updates and technical support