The SUMMIT EVOLUTION digital photogrammetric workstation is a user-friendly system for performing 3D feature collection directly into AutoCAD, MicroStation, or ArcGIS.
The SUMMIT EVOLUTION system allows for easy management of multiple model images along with their appropriate camera and control files in a project-based environment. Quick and efficient stereoscopic orientation of the models is performed using either interior, relative, and absolute orientation or by employing exterior orientation data.
Feature data collection is achieved with DAT/EM CAPTURE, our industry-leading stereoplotter interface. Further batch file editing can be performed using DAT/EM's MAP/EDITOR software. The data capture software and MAP/EDITOR are included with SUMMIT EVOLUTION.
LANDSCAPE is an essential software tool for 3D viewing and editing large terrain point sets such as LiDAR (Light Detection and Ranging) files. It provides an easy-to-understand view into the world of 3-dimensional LiDAR points. It offers tools for modifying the points and generating new data based on the points.
Capture for ArcGIS
DAT/EM CAPTURE collects 3D image features directly from the DAT/EM Summit Evolution stereoplotter into ESRI® ArcGIS®. DAT/EM CAPTURE provides many 3D data collection and editing enhancements for ArcGIS.
Software features include real-time panning and zooming in a stereo view, 3D digitizing tools such as building squaring, and 3D editing tools such as 3D cut polygon. Snapping may be 3D or 2D. Useful tools include multiple field update and ASCII text coordinate file input/output. ArcGIS vectors are superimposed onto the stereo imagery in the Summit Evolution stereoplotter, allowing the user to digitize new objects on the ground and see whether previously existing objects are at the correct elevation.
Airfield3D is a special module is included with Summit Evolution Professional Edition and DAT/EM CAPTURE for ArcGIS. Airfield3D builds the surfaces for airfield obstruction analysis according to the specifications in the United States Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Advisory Circular 150/5300-18B. The obstruction surface outlines are superimposed in the Summit Evolution stereo view, the 3D cursor may be locked to the surface, and a realtime display shows whether the cursor is above or below the surface. The surfaces for both vertically and non vertically guided runways may be generated. As obstructions are digitized, Airfield3D populates every field that can be determined automatically, plus fields that the user sets such as for natural or man-made object designations. Airfield3D can also populate or update fields for previously existing objects. It offers a tool to create obstruction area grids.
Capture for AutoCAD
DAT/EM CAPTURE turns a photogrammetric stereoplotter into a 3D ground coordinate digitizer for AutoCAD. Image features are collected directly into AutoCAD's DWG format files. DAT/EM CAPTURE provides many digitizing, mapping and editing enhancements for AutoCAD.
Capture for MicroStation
DAT/EM CAPTURE turns a photogrammetric stereoplotter into a 3D ground coordinate digitizer for MicroStation. Image features are collected directly into MicroStation's DGN format files. DAT/EM CAPTURE provides many digitizing, mapping, and editing enhancements for MicroStation.
DAT/EM CAPTURE's interface and functionality remain consistent across all stereoplotters - analog, analytical and digital - making it a perfect choice for multiple platform production shops.
CONTOUR CREATOR automatically generates elevation contours and/or TIN lines. CONTOUR CREATOR is included with SUMMIT EVOLUTION Professional Edition and LANDSCAPE. It is also available for purchase as a stand-alone product.
Reduce overall editing time from hours to minutes!
- Automatically edit files by performing tasks defined by user
- Set and use offsets for line drawing
- Automatic join routine for contours between models
- Generalize polygons by removing unneeded vertices
- Trim/clip polyline data within specified closed polygon layer
- Select and run multiple commands
- Manipulate objects as a single entity or by layer
- Customize vector line patterns
- Save hours of editing time
- Works completely within AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Windows XP/Vista/7 platform
Summit Evolution™ Professional by DAT/EM Systems International is used to accurately and efficiently collect 3D geospatial airport and aeronautical data. Airfield3D™ is a component of Summit Evolution specifically designed to complete Airport Airspace Surveys that comply with the data structure identified in the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration Advisory Circular 150/5300 - 18B (FAA 18B).
Airfield3D uses the stereoplotter engine of Summit Evolution Professional to enable viewing, identification and attribution of objects penetrating sensitive airspace. Using DAT/EM's world-renowned, high-performance stereo user interface, Airfield3D offers automatic project setup, automatic field calculation and attribution (with manual override), and visual cueing of obstruction surface violations. Airfield3D collects all data directly into FAA-designed templates for ArcGIS®, which means the files are always in their delivery format.
- View stereo images and collects features using the Summit Evolution Professional digital photogrammetric workstation
- Digitize directly into ArcGIS templates supplied by the FAA and designed specifically to comply with FAA Circular 18B
- Integrate flawlessly with ArcGIS geodatabases, shapefiles and tables
- Easy import tabular and vector survey information (e.g. survey information and obstruction areas) using wizards
- Automatically construct Airport Airspace Survey Surfaces for Vertically Guided (VG) and Non-Vertically Guided (NVG) surfaces from runway centerline and airport elevation
- Automatically subdivide, identify and attribute VG and NVG surfaces
- Automatically calculate the Area Limit obstructing-surfaces grid. Grid definition parameters are customizable
- Fill multiple attribute fields simultaneously (with manual override)
- Select attributes from standard domains, including natural and man-made objects
- Automatically detect the Obstruction Identification Surfaces (OIS): 1) Cursor changes color when crossing surface, 2) Cursor can either move freely of be locked to follow the surface elevation
- Provide realtime feedback of OIS violations: 1) Distance above surface, 2) name of surface(s), 3) Name of surface selection
- Write Obstruction Identification Surface into the FAA template for that data type
- Verify and report