Global Mapper™ by Blue Marble Geographics® is an affordable and easy-to-use GIS data processing application that offers access to an unparalleled variety of spatial datasets and provides just the right level of GIS functionality to satisfy both experienced GIS professionals and mapping novices. Equally well suited as a standalone spatial data management tool and as an integral component of an enterprise-wide GIS, Global Mapper is a must-have for anyone who deals with maps or spatial data. For more information about Global Mapper, visit www.globalmapper.com.
Connect Global Mapper™ with the Summit Evolution™ Photogrammetric Workstation
The new DAT/EM Capture™ for Global Mapper connects Global Mapper from Blue Marble Geographics with any edition of DAT/EM’s famous Summit Evolution stereoplotter. It enables Summit Evolution to be a 3D digitizing device for Global Mapper and allows Global Mapper projects to utilize the tools of Summit Evolution. DAT/EM Capture is the interface to collect vector information directly into Global Mapper from stereo images. Capture works in the background to send 3D (x, y, z) ground coordinates to Global Mapper. Simultaneously, 2D or 3D features from Global Mapper are rendered back in true relative 3D position in the stereo display using DAT/EM SuperImposition for immediate feedback and feature verification.
- Collect and edit 3D data directly into Global Mapper
- Tools for panning, zooming and 3D positioning with measurement and terrain following tools
- Activate Summit Evolution functions from Global Mapper’s home window
- Display ground-referenced photogrammetric imagery in stereo
- Track ground coordinates in both Summit Evolution and Global Mapper
- Use any Summit Evolution edition (Lite, Feature Collection or Professional) to open the prepared project and start the Global Mapper extension